The Happy Peasant Soaps

The Happy Peasant Soaps
Wild Water & Woods Gypsy Artisan Goatsmilk Soaps Call (734) 426-WILD to Order

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sugar & Spice, Country Pink







Sugar and spice and everything nice, that's what little girls are made of! I have always had a love/hate relationship with the color pink. It intrigues me and draws me in, like a frosted cupcake from a long ago kindergarten memory. It is soft and motherly and baby-like and feminine. It can be a brown-pink or a hot pink...each stands for something different. Brown-pink is old, comforting, 1950's, black and white televisions and fathers coming home from work in their steel vehicles. Hot pink is passionate and egotistical...gardens of the tropics.

So, being a primitive country lover who gathers herbs and lives to light wood fires in the cookstove, pink is something you won't see me shouting from the rooftops about very often. I have, however, noticed that pink is part of our daily lives...and I have compiled, on my studio walls (thank you) a pink palette for you...a pink sunset from our back porch over the orchard and a favorite pink teacup with a sliver of my homemade soap where I do my dishes three times a day. Enjoy!

No comments: