The Happy Peasant Soaps

The Happy Peasant Soaps
Wild Water & Woods Gypsy Artisan Goatsmilk Soaps Call (734) 426-WILD to Order

Monday, February 1, 2010

Jesus and Coca-Cola


It is a very cold and chilly winter's day here! I have yet to thaw out since I woke up! Honestly. I wore my wool mittens INSIDE the grocery store!

I don't know about you, but when I am ill or under the weather, I always turn to things that soothe me and comfort me. Once, when I was deathly ill and 9 months pregnant with Amanda, laying on the couch like a shadow of my former self, I glanced over at the coffee table and saw the cover of Birds & Blooms magazine. What a comfort! Or, how about an icey cold glass bottle of bubbly fizzy Coca-Cola when your tummy is upset? Or best of all...Jesus, when you are scared and alone. Is there anything more comforting than our Savior's face kindly looking back at us when we feel alone, sick, tired, downtrodden, scared or afraid?

I recently ordered a 'vintage' nightlight with a picture of Jesus' face that lights up when you click on the light. I replaced our old family nightlight on the living room table with this cozy comforting light. True comfort from the truest source.

No comments: